Researchers at the UMCG are involved in fundamental, clinical, and translational research. The UMCG has organised all its research in five Research Institutes that each have developed Research Programmes around specific aims and objectives.
Research at the UMCG is dynamic and innovative and has its main focus on Healthy Ageing.
By establishing numerous international research projects and strategic alliances over the past, research within the Institutes bridged national boundaries. Especially for the UMCG focus "Active and Healthy Ageing" international collaboration is required and prepares the UMCG to contribute to this global challenge. For every UMCG Research Programme the relevance for Healthy Ageing is defined.
The five Research Insitutes of the UMCG:
- GUIDE Institute: Chronic Diseases and Drug Exploration (Programmes)
- BCN-BRAIN Institute: Behavioural and Cognitive Neurosciences (Programmes)
- SHARE Institute: Science in Healthy Ageing and healthcaRE (Programmes)
- W.J.Kolff Institute: Biomaterials (Programmes)
- CRCG Institute: Fundamental, Clinical and Translational Cancer Research (Programmes)