For you and your family

A good thing to know is that the Wageningen region is full of possibilities for you as an international employee and for your family.

Introduction to Wageningen
Feeling at home has everything to do with being well-informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains a lot of practical information for internationals coming to Wageningen. We organise workshops on living in the Netherlands and Dutch culture and introduction meetings for new staff.

Buddy System and Partner Programme
Knowing where to go and what to do is essential for settling in a new country. At your request, a buddy can help you find your way around in Wageningen in a quick and sympathetic way. For partners of international staff and students and their children a Partner Programme is being organised with a variety of interesting activities.

The modern Dutch name for the language in the Netherlands is Nederlands. Most staff at Wageningen University & Research speak English with their international co-workers. English can also be used in shops and stores. Learning Dutch can make your stay more enjoyable. If you would like to learn Dutch for your work or social gatherings we offer courses Dutch as a Second Language.

Schools for your children
For your children you will find an international school for primary and secondary education in nearby Arnhem. Most primary and secondary school teachers, however, speak English and several schools in Wageningen have a ‘transition class’ or offer coaching and support for children of international staff.

More information
More in depth information can be found on our page for international workers and students. You can also contact the HR department of the organisational unit at which you want to work. The contact information of the responsible HR Advisor is mentioned in the vacancy text.

Expat Center
If you come to work in the Netherlands, there are some formalities that must be arranged. The Expat Center Food Valley is located on our campus and is here to help you, as an international employee, get your bearings in the Netherlands more quickly. An example of this would be the formalities involved in requesting a visa. You can also obtain residency documents and burgerservicenummers (citizen service numbers) from the government services desk located in the Expat Center. The Expat Center provides you with support in the fields of housing, tax consultancy, insurance, and training programmes and courses.

Add this FactCard to your website

Is the information on this FactCard relevant to your audience?

Feel free to share this FactCard on your website. This is very easy and will enhance the service level to your visitors.

Simply check the preview, copy the embed code, paste it in your website and you are done!

Preview and embed this FactCard