Health Care


Mental Care

If you have mental health problems you can get support online, or from your GP or company doctor. They can provide treatment or refer you to other mental health professionals, depending on the nature of your problems and their complexity.

Online mental health care
Online mental health support (e-health) may help if you are suffering from mild mental or social problems, for instance if you feel depressed or anxious, or have problems in your relationship, at work or at school. If you wish, you can receive online support anonymously, since many people have difficulty admitting to their mental health problems.

Support from your GP, company doctor or welfare worker
If you are having trouble sorting our your problems yourself, or you don’t know exactly what is wrong with you, you can go to your GP or company doctor. If you’re sure your problems aren’t somatic (physical), you can also see a welfare worker. Community welfare workers are usually based at health centres, community centres or the GP’s office. Your place of work should also have a staff welfare officer.

Mild mental health problems can be treated by a GP, often working together with a general practice mental health worker. Your GP can also offer you online counselling (e-health).

Source Government of the Netherlands

Add this FactCard to your website

Is the information on this FactCard relevant to your audience?

Feel free to share this FactCard on your website. This is very easy and will enhance the service level to your visitors.

Simply check the preview, copy the embed code, paste it in your website and you are done!

Preview and embed this FactCard

Related Decks