Taking as a starting point the mission statement 'Professionals develop themselves with Zuyd,' we have formulated the vision and five promises.
The Zuyd mission statement is short and to the point: 'Professionals develop themselves with Zuyd.'
Zuyd University views students as professionals in development. We are an open knowledge institute where professionals in every phase of their development cross the borders of disciplines and organizations to collaborate on the transfer, development, and application of high-quality, practically-oriented knowledge.
Taking our mission statement as a starting point, we have formulated five promises that reflect the values to which our stakeholders can hold us accountable:
- Helping students in becoming professionals in demand.
- Helping professionals in remaining successful and valuable.
- Collaborating with businesses, organizations, and professional practice in meeting their need for knowledge.
- Driving practically-oriented knowledge development in our areas of emphasis.
- Applying our resources in a targeted and responsible way.
Zuyd has 30 research centres. Associate professors, lecturers, and students carry out practically-oriented and socially-relevant research. They contribute to innovations and developments in the business sector and connect practice and education. Zuyd has defined three core points for its applied research. These core points contribute to regional development and were devised in close cooperation with the regional or Euregional government bodies, the business world, and educational institutions. The core points for research are:
- Innovative care and technology
- Transition to a sustainably-constructed environment
- Life Science and Materials
Zuyd is based in Heerlen, Sittard, and Maastricht. Zuyd has a total of eleven locations in these cities.