VU University Medical Center aims to revitalize others while continually revitalizing [reinvigorating] itself, and making its own contribution to future medical knowledge.
The research of VUmc is dedicated to five focus areas: cancer & immunology, neurosciences, cardiovascular disease, public health, primary care & long-term care and movement sciences.
Our research is part of the VU campus Human Health & Life Sciences theme, and organized in five multidisciplinary research institutes:
- EMGO Institute for Health & Care Research (Public health, primary care & long-term care)
- IcarVU, Institute for Cardiovascular Research (Cardiovascular disease)
- MOVE Research Institute Amsterdam (movement sciences)
- Neurosciences Campus Amsterdam (Neurosciences)
- VUmc Cancer Center Amsterdam (Cancer & Immunology)